Thursday, January 7, 2010

SECRETARY BOOKCASE
















This project has six (6) pieces of furniture to be
restored. They are a secretary-bookcase, ladies small
secretary, bookcase-curio, cedar chest, sewing machine
cabinet and ladies vanity. I will highlight the process of
restoration of them and the materials used. The full
process will be shown in its complete form on my sites at
http://amooreartandantiques.com/ and my do-it-yourself site
http://diyamooreartandantiques.com/ . I hope it will prove
helpful for some of you out there.Posted by Aaron Michael Moore III at 8:56 AM 0 comments Labels: Aaron Michael Moore III, AMOORE ART AND ANTIQUES,
Antiques, Art, Collectibles, green living recycle,
Refinishing, Restoration Wednesday, January 21, 2009DIY (do-it-yourself) is green livining ! If you are like me you grew up collecting old things and
wanted to see the extended usefullness of things and
people. As such, the purpose of this page is to allow my
readers to share ways of living green and their DIY (Do It
Yourself) projects. I will try to also include other sites,
companies, educational institutions, and site highlights
here (http://diyamooreartandantiques.com/). I wish we could
all live a little more down to earth just as most of the
adults, that I knew, once did. Just twelve years ago I told
friends and family that the day is coming when all of us
will have to reverse course and back up to more of an
agrarian society. I also predict that each middle class
family will need some type of home garden in order to more
easily and healthily feed themselves. I've even cut my
garbage by three-fourths just by religously recycling, and
composting my paper, wood, and kitchen cuttings. My cousin
Ivan is a religious recycler of metals and takes mine which
collects and sell to the recycling company for a small fee.
These are just a few of the win win situations I've found.
A pet peeve of mine is the collection of yard rakings where
insects, rodents, reptiles and other outdoor pests breed,
or when thoses rakings are packed up in bags for the city
to pick up which is added taxes for us. The best
alternative to these two messy solutions to yard waste is
mulching on top of the grown, composting or burying (to be
turned in the spring). Grass clippings are also an excelent
way to feed your soil or compost. I can't understand the
ignorance of the consumer learning curve over common sense.
Grass is ment to feed and moisterize it self when it fall
back on the roots and the same with leave of trees. After
working with marine aquariums I realize the companies are
selling me a myth of care taking all there advice was to
make me keep repurchacing and it all shortened the life of
my marine animals. I will write more soon and finish the
intial set up. Be patient with me please. I am setting up
four historical art exhibitions/lectures for February thru
April.











Thank you for your visit. Posted by Aaron Michael Moore III at 6:49 PM 0 comments Labels: agrarian society, DIY WHY, Garbage, Gardening
Organic, Green Living, recycling Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)